RULES:These are all optional; most are controllable by the character, and most are ‘mistakes’ a character can make. Write up your own list before you start playing so that it is clear which ones you have decided to use. If you're interested in D&D drinking game shenanigans, check out the Crit Juice podcast.
A PLAYER DRINKS WHEN THEIR CHARACTER...
- Casts Cure Light Wounds, Lay On Hands, Uses Sneak Attack, Casts Magic Missile, Goes Into and Comes Out of a Barbarian Rage, or uses some other suitable class feature agreed upon during character creation.
- Drinks a Potion (finishes drink)
- Gains a Negative Status Effect
- Goes Unconscious
- Becomes Bloodied (half health)
- Is Hit by a Trap
- Rolls a 1
- Drinks (in character)
- Breaks Character
- A Monster Dies (think about this one, it happens a lot)
- A Character Rolls a 20
- A Character Finds a Magic Item
- A Character Disables a Trap
- An NPC Drinks (in character)
- A Character Spots an Anachronism
- A Nerdy Media Reference is Made (Leroy Jenkins, Double Rainbow, Attacking the Darkness, etc)
- A player-character dies.